Jacob L. Huston
1300 19th Street NW, 5th Floor Washington, DC 20036-1609
Jacob is an associate in the regulatory compliance practice group where he assists clients on federal and state regulatory compliance matters. Jacob has experience advising banks and mortgage companies on compliance obligations under federal consumer finance laws and their state equivalents. He also has experience with transactional matters including assisting clients with preparation for acquisitions, restructuring, contract review, and due diligence.
Prior to joining the firm Jacob was Counsel at a strategic consulting firm and law firm, where he advised clients on securities law, regulatory compliance, risk management, and corporate governance.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2019
- University of Vermont, BA., 2015
- District of Columbia
- Advise financial institutions regarding account agreements and related disclosures under Electronic Funds Availability Act, EFTA, TILA, and the Truth in Savings Act
- Draft documents related to acquisitions and corporate formations
- Prepare multi-state legal surveys related to licensing, disclosures, debt collection, and permissible fees
- Advise financial institutions, mortgage companies, and mortgage servicers regarding federal and state disclosure requirements
- Conduct multi-state regulatory compliance surveys related to anti-affiliation regulation, inducement, and the permissibility of tying
- Advise mortgage companies on state-specific reverse mortgage requirements and update loan documents
- Advise clients regarding Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering policies