Aldys A. London
Aldys regularly advises clients regarding state and federal regulatory compliance issues applicable to mortgage companies, consumer finance companies, loss mitigation specialists, real estate companies, home builders, insurance companies, banks and other financial institutions in connection with:
- state licensing, including mortgage lender, broker, servicer, debt collector as well as loan officer licensing and federal registration requirements imposed by the SAFE Act.
- state laws and regulations concerning fees, disclosures and loan documentation, interest rates, privacy, advertising, data breach and telemarketing.
- federal laws governing real estate settlement procedures and consumer protection, including RESPA, TILA, FCRA, GLBA and Telemarketing Sales Rule.
- fair lending laws, including HMDA, the Fair Housing Act and ECOA.
- obtaining approvals from federal agencies and GSEs including FHA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae and RHS.
Aldys has assisted a variety of consumer financial services companies with obtaining regulatory approvals in connection with complex acquisitions, mergers and asset transfer transactions, performed due diligence reviews in connection with proposed acquisitions and IPOs, reviewed and prepared policies and procedures, conducted regulatory compliance audits of financial institutions and assisted with structuring and developing compliance and training programs. She has also assisted clients in responding to regulatory audits and investigations by state and federal regulators.
- Licensing and Approvals
- Regulatory Compliance
- Federal Regulatory Compliance
- State Regulatory Compliance
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 1996
- Georgetown University, B.S., 1992
- District of Columbia
- Florida (inactive)
- Advised and assisted clients in obtaining residential and commercial mortgage lender, broker and servicer licenses and approvals, as well as obtaining change of control approvals in connection with the purchase and sale of mortgage entities
- Counseled various entities engaged in loss mitigation activities regarding licensing and federal and state compliance-related issues
- Advised clients in connection with federal and state fair debt collection practices issues
- Represented mortgage bankers in connection with consumer protection investigations initiated by state and federal agencies
- Prepared disclosure documents and notices for use in connection with mortgage lending and brokering transactions and servicing activities
- Prepared surveys on regulatory requirements and restrictions including permissible origination and servicing fees, trust account, record-keeping and disclosure requirements
- Performed operational and compliance reviews of national mortgage lenders, including a review of disclosures, fees, and operational policies and procedures
- Prepared training materials for mortgage banking trade association members and private companies pertaining to identity theft, fair lending, RESPA and debt collection
- Advised state and federal depository institutions regarding applicable state regulatory requirements
- Counseled clients regarding security breach procedures, privacy and safeguarding consumer information
- Served on the Advisory Council of the American Association of Residential Mortgage Regulators (AARMR)
- Participated in the Industry Development Working Group of the Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) for the testing and implementation of the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS)
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- The State Bar of California